If you would like to get in touch with Alternative Matter, please fill in the contact form below. We accept digital promos only. Thank you for your understanding.
- The Living Fields - Running… by MatIf you’d spent the last decade doing the same thing with little reward or recognition, no one would blame you if you decided that perhaps you should give things up and try something a bit different. It’s to their credit, therefore that US based Doom merchants The Living Fields didn’t [...]
- While Heaven Wept - Fear Of… by LeticiaVirginian metallers, While Heaven Wept, hold a special place in my heart – but I don’t need to go into why. That’s a conversation for another time. I first became a fan on hearing Vast Oceans Lachrymose, their epic doom release of 2009. I fell in love with it, and went [...]
- Devin Townsend Project - Ghost by johntReleased as the fourth and final chapter in the Devin Townsend Project, Ghost displays Townsend’s courage in unveiling an album of truly uplifting and joyous music. The project itself was conceived after his son was born in 2006, and Townsend made the decision to abstain from a familiar lifestyle of alcohol [...]
- Devin Townsend Project - De… by RaymondMany fans lamented the day Devin Towsend closed the book on Strapping Young Lad. Especially with City (1997) and Alien (2005) are landmark records when it comes to sheer sonic violence. He got his act together and started to work on a four album endeavor under the Devin Townsend Project [...]
- Unexpect - Fables of the Sl… by NatalieI have been expectantly waiting for this album for a very long time. The first time I heard Unexpect, it was about 1:30 in the morning. Intrepid Hellbound.ca photographer Adam Wills and I were driving back from Buffalo, NY, where we had seen Krallice, Bloody Panda, and Portal, a show [...]
- Riverside - Memories In My Head by RaymondOver the years Riverside has become one of my favorite bands in the progressive rock and metal realm. It’s not like they’re doing anything radically different or particularly revolutionary, but their music has this delicate melancholic touch few others have. The band celebrates its tenth birthday this year and in [...]
- Fractals - Paradox by TonyFractals is a relatively unknown progressive/technical metal band out of the UK. I had no idea what to expect when I began listening their debut Paradox, and I was wondering if these guys have what it takes to make more of a splash in the scene. Do they? I’d say [...]
- Ghost - Opus Eponymous by MyronGhost, the newest occult metal group out of Sweden dropped their first release, Opus Eponymous, on the public this year. The amount of press and hype before and right after the release has been staggering and far reaching in that most metal fans have heard about this band or even [...]
- Interview With Samael by RaymondSwiss experimental metal band Samael released their latest album some time ago. It’s called Lux Mundi and it’s a very solid and thoroughly enjoyable record. I had the change of doing an interview with Xy, the band’s drummer/percussionist. We had a friendly chat about the new album, Samael’s collective desire [...]
- Morbid Angel - Illud Divinu… by LeticiaEight years we have waited. I wish I had never heard this album. Morbid Angel is one of those keystone death metal bands. Well, they were. Their last few releases have been lacklustre, and yet fans are loyal as hell because everybody has his or her favourite album. Despite minor [...]
- Jon on Contact UsHi, Just read the review for The Living Fields' new album. Thanks very much (I am the vocalist). My ...
Welcome , today is Thursday, June 9, 2011